Sunday, September 8, 2013
Start out with 2 box mixes, one chocolate, one white.
Divide the batter into 4 bowls.
1. White batter.
2. White batter with green food coloring and a dash of chocolate batter.
3. Equal parts chocolate and white batter.
4. Chocolate batter.
Mix the different batters together until you get the colors you want. I ended up with a lot more chocolate batter than the rest of the colors, but I ended up making a few plain chocolate cupcakes to use it up.
Line a cupcake tin with paper liners.
For the batter, you can either use spoons and dump little blobs of each color into each wrapper, or you can get fancy and use pastry bags. I chose to get fancy with bags. It makes filling the cupcakes tins a little easier and a little less messy.
Just drop a bunch of blobs in each wrapper until they’re all about 3/4 of the way full. Bake according to the directions on the box.
Once the cupcakes are done baking, pop them out of the tins so they can start cooling.
Use this recipe for icing.
1. Diving the icing into 3 bowls.
2. Keep one batch white/ivory.
3. The other bowl you will add a little bit of green food coloring and a little bit of cocoa powder until it’s the desired color.
4. The last bowl you will add cocoa powder until it’s the desired color brown.
5. For the fancy swirled icing, take 3 pastry bags.
6. Fill each bag with it’s own color of icing.
7. Take all 3 bags and put them into 1 larger bag with a start tip in it.
Pipe a swirl onto the tops, and you’re done!