2 c cake flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking powder
2 1/4 c sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp orange juice
the zest of 1 lemon
the zest of 1 orange
3/4 c pureed kumquats, (remove seeds, do not peel. grind them up with peels on.)
3 oz packet of instant vanilla pudding powder mix
4 large eggs, room temperature
1 c sweetened shredded coconut
1 c coconut milk, unsweetened
5 Tbsp butter, unsalted
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp orange juice
2 1/2 c confectioners' sugar
3 Tbsp coconut milk
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extractDirections
1. Preheat oven to 350'F and grease a 9-10 inch Bundt pan; Set aside. FOR CAKE: In a small sauce pan add coconut milk and butter. Heat slowly until butter is completely melted. Take off heat and let cool; Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl sift flour, instant vanilla pudding powder, salt and baking powder together; Set aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl, cream together eggs and sugar. Beat on high for 2 minutes until it starts to get a little fluffy. Add in pure vanilla extract and beat to combine.
4. Add kumquat puree, lemon zest, orange zest, lemon juice, and orange juice to the egg mixture. Beat into egg mixture until it is completely incorporated.Citrus Coconut Milk Cake
5. Slowly beat coconut milk into egg mixture until completely incorporated.
6. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, in thirds. Completely incorporate the flour mixture before adding more. Mix until just incorporated, don't over-mix.
7. Fold in shredded coconut. Pour batter into Bundt pan and bake on center rack for 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out just barely clean. (You want a few crumbs to collect to the toothpick for it to be at a perfect amount of doneness.) Cool on wire wrack for 1 hour before turning cake out onto a cake dish or platter.
8. FOR GLAZE: Combine lemon and orange juice. Whisk in confectioner's sugar, followed by the vanilla extract and coconut milk. If the glaze is too thick, add coconut milk 1/2 a tablespoon at a time. If too thin, add confectioner's sugar 1/2 a tablespoon at a time until it is a good thickness. The glaze should be about the consistency of table syrup.9. FOR GARNISH: Once cake has cooled, drizzle glaze over the cake as you desire. I garnish with extra shredded coconut and sliced kumquats.