Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chunk Cookies
3 sticks (1 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups bread flour (you may use AP flour instead if you don't have it on hand)
4 tsp. cornstarch
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks
1/2 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped
18 caramel candies, cut in half to give you 36
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, add flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until all combined and well-incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chunks and finely chopped dark chocolate.
- Take a scoop of cookie dough, roll it into a ball, then using your thumb, press into the center, put the caramel candy in the center, then re-roll the ball to cover the caramel candy. Repeat until all dough has been used up.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. They will look super soft but they continue cooking after you remove them from the oven.
- Let cool on baking sheet COMPLETELY before you move them to a wire rack. If you move them too soon, they're too delicate so they'll break and the caramel will ooze out from beneath the cookie.
- Store in an airtight container.